The Northville District Library offers comprehensive access to wireless enabled devices via the 802.11a,b,g,n,and ac protocols. Wireless access is available ONLY during open business hours.
There is no login required to use the Library’s wireless system, and no time limit within the hours the library is open. Anyone wishing to use the wireless system must first review and then agree to abide by the Library’s Policy on Internet Access as presented when logging onto the system. In particular, this policy prohibits using the wireless system to access material that is illegal, obscene, or harmful to minors.
The Library’s wireless access points are unsecured connections to the Internet. The Library is not responsible for data transmitted or loss of information over the wireless network. Users should be aware that third parties may be able to obtain information about users’ activities when using the wireless service to connect to the Internet. The Library assumes no responsibility for the security and privacy of online transactions.
Wireless users are responsible for the protection of their own devices from viruses, malware and spam. The Library is not responsible for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations. Access to file sharing services and other illegal activities is strictly forbidden.
The following steps outline the process of using and printing from your wireless device using the Wireless system in the Library.
- Printing is possible from nearly any Internet connected device via the Printeron service.
- You should see the Library’s “Wireless Printing” page for more detail on your options for wireless or remote printing.
- In order to use the print system, you must have a valid Library Card or Visitor Card that has money loaded into the Envisionware system.
- The cost is 10 cents per page for black & white, 50 cents per page for color.
- Money can be placed on a Library Card by following instructions on the Library Self Service Terminal located on the Lower Level near the elevator. For assistance, please see the staff at the Reference Desk.
- The Library is not responsible for any money left on a lost Library Card.
- Printouts are retrievable only on the day the print job was sent to the printer: print jobs are not stored and thus not retrievable the next day.
- Patrons can place low weight bond paper, envelopes and other specialty sized paper into the printer ONLY for their own print jobs (placed in tray MPT1). The Library is not responsible if someone else prints on your paper.
- The Library provides basic instructions on how to connect to the network but is not able to provide technical assistance.
Any violation of these Guidelines or the Library’s Policy on Internet Use may result in loss of library privileges, immediate expulsion from library, and/or contact of local authorities as required. Any attempt to circumvent any aspect of the Library’s network and/or computer security will result in immediate loss of privilege.
April 22, 2017