AAC Core Boards and Sensory Kits Sensory Kits are Currently Unavailable Due to COVID
NDL welcomes people of all abilities to use the library.
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) handheld core boards are now available for in-library patron use. These communication tools are available in folders at the Information and Reference Desks. The boards were developed with local Speech and Language Pathologists using Wayne RESA (Regional Educational Service Agencies) standards, with an additional board from Oakland County Schools.
- Wayne RESA standard 20 square board
- Wayne RESA standard 32 square board
- Oakland County Schools 48 square board
- Behavioral Keyring from Autism Supplies and Development
- Communication Keyring from Autism Supplies and Development
- Countdown Keyring from Autism Supplies and Development
Five sensory kits are also available at the Information Desk for in-library patron use. These kits are designed to help children and adults who need tools or toys to help calm or stimulate their nervous system. Each kit has a variety of tools and toys. Two kits are recommended for children 3 years of age and up. Three kits are recommended for children ages 6 years of age and up.
These services were made possible by the Friends of the Northville District Library and the Community Financial Credit Union Summer of Sharing Donation.