Get connected with free technology classes and help at NDL!
The library offers free computer classes and free one-on-one tutoring to assist patrons wishing to improve their basic computer and tablet skills.
Please register online, at the Information Desk on the main level, or call 248-349-3020.
Tuesdays at 1 or 2 pm & Thursdays at 6 or 7 pm
Need help with technology questions or with using the Library’s electronic resources? We can help you navigate Windows 10, MAC OS X, Microsoft Office, iWorks (Mac), our digital resources, popular social media and more! Not for computer repair or configuration. Register for a free one hour session. Limit 2 sessions per patron. *Our time is valuable so if you are unable to attend your TechXpert appointment please call us to cancel. If you do not call us to cancel, you will forgo your right to register for another TechXpert session.
Learn how to use…
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 Basics
- Mac (Apple) Basics
- iPad or iPhone Basics
- Kindle eReaders
- Microsoft Office Basics (Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint)
- Email (phone number required to create email account)
- USB Flash Drives to save personal files
- Google Drive
- Facetime or Skype for video chatting
- Social media like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, or LinkedIn
- Downloading library ebooks or audiobooks onto your computer or portable device