The Youth Department is now scheduling library visits for the 2019/2020 school year for Northville daycare centers, schools, scout troops and home school groups.
The Youth Department is pleased to provide library visits for Northville daycare centers, preschools, elementary schools, scout troops, and homeschoolers. Enjoy a lively storytime, learn about the importance of the library in the community, or take an exciting behind-the-scenes tour. To schedule a library visit, please contact Caryn Bartone, Head of Youth Services, (248) 349-3026 x212.
General Library Visit Guidelines
- Library visits are scheduled for Northville daycare centers, preschools, elementary schools, scout troops and homeschoolers when library programming permits weekdays (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) during the school year, September through May. Library visits are not scheduled during the summer, June – August.
- The Youth Department hosts 2-3 Library visits per month, scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, offering any combination of a 30-minute storytime, informational library talk (detailing a librarian’s job, importance of the library in the community, services, and collections, and caring for materials), or “behind-the-scenes” library tour. We are unable to customize library visits to meet the criteria for specific scout badges.
- Please contact the library to schedule a visit 3-4 weeks in advance. The library does not provide “Drop-In” Library visits.
- Please consult these guidelines before scheduling a Library visit.
Northville Day Care Centers, Preschools, Elementary Schools & Homeschoolers
- Daycare centers, preschools, elementary schools, and homeschoolers must reside in the city or township of Northville or be a part of Northville Public Schools.
- Library visits are scheduled between the hours of 9:00 am and 2:00 pm, Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
- For Middle School and High School students, please schedule library visits with Teen Librarian, Natalie Molnar at (248) 349-3020 x222.
Northville Scout Troops
- Library visits are limited to scout troops located in the city or township of Northville.
- Scout library visits are scheduled after school between 4:00 and 4:30 pm, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Library visits must conclude by 5:00 pm.
- The library is unable to provide evening or weekend scout visits.