LIBRARY & COMMUNITY
INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
LIBRARY CLOSURE INFO
- NO OVERDUE FINES. You are NOT responsible for fines that may have accrued during our closure.
- DO NOT RETURN ANY CHECKED OUT ITEMS. Our drop box is closed.
- NO USED BOOK DONATIONS. We are not accepting used books or other materials at this time.
- NO HOLDS ALLOWED. We’ve suspended the ability to place holds. If you have an item on hold, your place in the queue will be held. If you have a hold item ready for pick up, it will be there for you when we reopen.
- MICHIGAN ACTIVITY PASS. This program has been temporarily suspended.
- Curbside Pickup and Phone service begins June 15. Watch this space for details on how this will work.
- The Governor is allowing libraries to open beginning June 8, but we plan to open Northville District Library safely for patrons and staff in phases, beginning with Curbside Pickup on June 15.
- We remain in Phase 1 – Virtual NDL – of our reopening plan, which allows for digital services only through June 12. We are working to safely implement Phase 2 – NDL Curbside – which will allow you to call to reserve materials and pick up via contactless pickup beginning June 15.
- When can I return my materials that I currently have checked out? Please continue to hold onto your materials until June 15. We will offer limited hours for returning materials. Remember, there are no overdue fines accumulating on your checked out materials. Watch our website and social media for hours we can accept returns.
- Why can’t I place holds online from home now? We are part of a shared online catalog with 80+ Michigan libraries in our Library Cooperative, The Library Network. TLN is not allowing holds to be placed online from home at this time. This could generate thousands of hold requests, which could take weeks to process, only leading to frustration for you.
- If you placed a hold on materials before the closure, you will be able to pick these up when we offer NDL Curbside Service.
- Phase 3 of reopening will allow a limited number of people, for a limited time, in the building to check out materials. This phase, Grab & Go NDL, will occur based on recommendations from state and health officials.
Questions About Your Library Card or PIN?
Need to reset your PIN? Having issues with your library card? Don’t remember your card number? Contact us via email: email@example.com
LIBRARY SERVICES AVAILABLE NOW
- You can apply for a temporary library card online IF you don’t already have a card.
- Trouble with your PIN? Check our website for tips, or email us below.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have.
- NDL Cardholders have 24/7 access to digital books, magazines, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, research databases and more. To access these, please visit our Download It page or Research A-Z page. We’ve doubled the number of items you can check out per library card using Hoopla – from 5 items to 10.
- Find lots of suggestions for Kids and Teens on our Kids! Learn & Play at Home and Teen Online Escape pages.
- View all our upcoming Virtual Programs on our Event Calendar.
LIBRARY DIRECTOR’S LETTERS TO NDL PATRONS
- Michigan Coronavirus
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus General Fact Sheet
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Q&A
- Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus Information
- National Institutes of Health Coronavirus and Alternative Treatments
- Oakland County Health Division
- Tips for Social Distancing from the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services