Research demographic and statistical information for any U.S. geographic location.
Copies of actual legal forms and documents continuously updated to reflect current state laws.
Quickly locate information on publicly and privately owned companies in the U.S. & Canada.
Sample business plans, forms, and guides for starting and running your own business
- Business in the State of Michigan – Resources and guides for starting and running a business in Michigan.
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation – The State of Michigan provides numerous resources, from capital funding and business mentoring to locating incubators and lab space.
- Northville Chamber of Commerce – Business and community development information.
- SCORE Detroit – Free, confidential, business advice from expert advisors committed to helping you succeed.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Michigan – Counseling, training and research for new ventures, existing small businesses and advanced technology companies. Download a [PDF] Guide to Starting and Operating a Business in Michigan.
- Small Business USA – U.S. government business topics and small business guides.
- U.S. Census Bureau – The Census Bureau is the leading source of quality data about the nation’s people and economy.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission – The SEC has information on filings/forms, litigation, regulatory actions, investor information, news and public statements. There is also a “Fast Answers for Key Topics” search function.
- U.S. Small Business Administration – The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides a variety of educational and support resources for starting and managing a small business.
Available through the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Slack – Create different communication channels, send group messages, and even break off into one-off meetings within a slack channel.
Inigo – A networking app that allows you to create and share a virtual business card by tapping your smartphone with someone else’s.
MailChimp – Helps you easily boost your subscriber list, send out messages, automate your email campaigns, and create beautiful newsletters.
Available through apps like Podcasts app (iPhone, iPad), Stitcher app, Google Play Music app.
- The Tim Ferriss Show: Often regarded as the top business podcast, host Tim Ferriss interviews world-class performers across industries to extract the tactics and routines listeners can use in their daily lives.
- The Pitch: Real entrepreneurs pitch to real investors — for real money.
- The Knowledge Project: Explores the ideas, methods, and mental models, that help expand your mind, live deliberately, and master the best of what other people have already figured out.