Provides information on complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to healthcare and wellness.
Supports the health and wellness information needs of patients. Covers mainstream medicine as well as complementary and holistic medicine.
Subjects include fitness, nutrition, diabetes, aging, women’s health, children’s health, and more. Information comes from magazines, books, Clinical Reference System reports, and pamphlets.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) – Health, safety, and security threat information from our nation’s health protection agency.
- Clinical Trials – Private and public funded clinical studies around the world, provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- Mayo Clinic – Patient care and health information by the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN
- Medline Plus – Health Information for consumers from the National Library of Medicine
- Merck Manual – Information on medical topics, symptoms, drugs, procedures, news and more, written in everyday language. Consumer version of the professional manual.
- National Institute on Aging – Science-based information on health and aging, and Alzheimers, by the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Insitutes of Health (NIH) – Health information from one of the world’s foremost medical research centers
- Nursing Resource Center – Articles for students and health care workers about diseases, medical conditions, and drugs. Basic nursing theory overviews, including access to sample care plans and more.
- Rehab Help – is a community organization dedicated to empowering people suffering from substance abuse addiction with tools and resources to start their personal journey toward recovery. We create and publishes comprehensive, unbiased, free web-based resources that have been featured and is referenced by many governmental agencies and organizations across the web.
- University of Michigan Health System Care Guides – Patient care information for a variety of medical conditions and treatments, either created or reviewed by UMHS medical professionals